www.nutria.co.za - View topic - Galil problems
Register

Galil problems

Galil problems

Postby Blatjang » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:26 pm

Hey guys,

My apologies if this is the wrong place, but this seems to be the forum with the most Galil experience.

I am having a problem where every time I reload the aeg just does not perform as it should, I have no range at all (only a couple of metres). I have to shoot anywhere between 10-20 shots before it will start shooting straight again, some random shots still have no range, sometimes nothing comes out the barrel.

Everytime with chrono it measures at 190-208fps, where it should be 310 more or less. The aeg is stock standard apart from the spring that I had to replace because it was shooting too hot for the fields I play at (365-373fps with 0.25).

Am I using the wrong weight bb or are there anything else I can look at to correct my problems.

I am using the King Arms Galil ARM non blowback version with 0.25g bb and a 11.1V battery.
Using mid caps as I noticed early on that the high cap was giving me problems, but now having problems with mid caps as well.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, and many thanks in advance.

Franco
Cape Town.
Franco

Re: Galil problems

Postby richardtl » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:31 am

Hi Franco
Got nothing to do with a Galil. All AEG's are essentially similar.

It sounds like either your hop-up is totally incorrectly set, or you have an air leak or have too weaker a spring. It is very difficult to diagnose especially as it seems this all occurred due to the changing out of the spring. Rather take the AEG to a reputable Airsoft tech for repair.
Richard

Return to Technical